Sports injury treatment enables return to activity
- What is sports injury treatment?
- How does sports injury treatment work?
- What techniques are used in sports injury treatment?
- Who can benefit from sports injury treatment?
- Where can I receive sports injury treatment?
What is Sports injury treatment?Sports injury treatment is a non-surgical method of sports medicine that provides accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment, for sports related injuries, promoting recovery and optimal performance in active people.
How does Sports injury treatment work?Sports injury treatment is a hands-on treatment method, that includes injury prevention and rehabilitation programs, which helps athletes become more aware of their surroundings and how far they can push the boundaries.
When joint or muscle function is impaired, there can be reduced range of motion, inflammation, calcium build-up and scar tissue. Besides helping to relieve pain, we can also help reduce inflammation. Muscles, tendons, and ligaments depend upon proper joint movement for peak performance. Injuries to these tissues can reduce range of motion, decrease blood supply, and affect the ability to carry on.
Sports injury treatment restores normal range of motion to joints that have become stuck, stiff or injured. It can significantly improve your performance!
What techniques are used in Sports injury treatment?
- Gentle release techniques
- Soft tissue techniques that apply rhythmic stretching, deep pressure and traction to the muscles around the spine to promote elasticity and motion
- Myofascial release techniques that apply sustained pressure to tight muscles and connective tissue to eliminate pain and restore motion
- Muscle energy techniques that involve the patient actively stretching and relaxing muscles against a counter force applied by the practitioner
- Articulation or repetitive oscillatory movements to stretch connective tissue around a restricted joint and improve range of motion
- Rhythmic, passive joint mobilisation, these are slow movements within or at the limit of the joint's range of motion
- Joint manipulation is occasionally used which involves high-velocity thrusts to a joint, moving it beyond its restricted range of motion
- Counterstrain techniques for acute injuries, in which the patient is moved away from the restricted position toward one of greater comfort
Who can benefit from Sports injury treatment?An athlete's body needs to be in top form, whether for leisure activities or competitive sports. Providing injury prevention, treatment and rehabilitation, allows sports men and women to bounce back stronger, faster and tougher than they were before.
Treatment is given for all types of musculoskeletal conditions. No matter what your age or how the injury occurred, our highly trained therapists will set up a treatment plan that will work best for you. Our goal is to get you back to what you love doing quickly and to provide you with the knowledge of how to prevent future injuries.
We will work with you every step of the way as you get back onto the field or court, or into the gym, pool or great outdoors.
Where can I receive Sports injury treatment?Sports injury treatment is available at:
- Sports injury treatment in Peterborough - The Hares Clinics
Stowgate Road, Deeping St James, Peterborough PE6 8TZ
- Sports injury treatment in Huntingdon - The Hares Clinics
3 Brookside, Sawtry, Huntingdon PE28 5UX
- Sports injury treatment in Royston - The Hares Clinics
44 Station Road, Steeple Morden, Royston Herts SG8 0NP